Senior Scientist ( AZ 15647)
Candidates should be available to start as soon as possible. Start date could change, to an earlier date, depending on when the right candidate has been identified.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
-Past experience as a Scientist with AstraZeneca or another biopharma company
-Strong experience with residual testing
-Strong experience with Capillary electrophoresis
This is a lab-based position where the Scientist will perform analytical testing to support a variety of business critical activities. The scope of this work will mainly consist of supporting method development, method validation, analytical technology transfer and assisting in forensic investigations. In addition to executing experiments, this position will also be responsible for performing some routine administrative duties necessary to keep laboratory areas operational, safe, and compliant, such as logbook review, chemical inventory accuracy, general laboratory upkeep and ordering. Other duties as assigned.
M.S. or B.S (or equivalent) in biological sciences, physical sciences, or similar fields
7+ years of relevant professional experience
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Knowledge and Scope
• Experience performing analytical testing in a GxP environment.
• Experience working with biologic therapeutic modalities, specifically monoclonal antibodies.
• Should have extensive experience with these common quality control assays used to characterize therapeutic proteins.
- Immuno-assays such as ELISA and other binding assays.
- Quantitative PCR assays.
- Capillary electrophoresis assays such capillary CE-SDS and capillary isoelectric focusing
• Experience validating and transferring analytical methods
• Has a good working knowledge of other related disciplines
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments
Job Complexity and Impact
• Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
• Demonstrates judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Freedom to Act
• Work is performed under direction and guidance, with general instructions on new assignments.
• Work results are reviewed upon completion for accuracy in meeting objectives.
• Recommends work priorities, timelines and resources to manager.
Behavioral Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Communicate clearly and effectively (oral and written)
• Highly organized and methodical
• Manage complexity and adapt to changing priorities
• Independently plan and execute studies, analyze data, interpret results, and compile summary reports.
• Make timely and defensible decisions and conclusions
• Work effectively in a team-based environment as well as cross-functionally